In keeping with our aim to meet all of our obligations under the Equality Act (2010), we are committed to creating an inclusive web site experience that is accessible, easy and enjoyable to use for a diverse range of customers.
USING THE SITE
We have aimed to create sites that are available to everyone including those with sight, audio and motor impairment restrictions.
- We aim to use a web font so all text is easy to read.
- We have appropriate alt tags for images to convey information.
- We ensure that navigation through our websites works in a consistent way.
- We do not rely on just colour as the only way of giving information.
- We avoid the use of images of text wherever possible, and provide equivalent text links that consist of images.
Here are a few helpful ways in which you can start using the website more easily.
TO ENLARGE TEXT AND IMAGES ON THE SITE
On a PC:
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘+’ to enlarge.
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘-‘ to reduce.
- To reset hold down ‘Ctrl’ and press ‘0’.
On an Apple Macintosh computer hold the ‘Cmd’ (Apple) key instead of ‘Ctrl’.
BROWSER ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
Each browser has different methods for font size, formatting, and screen color options:
- Google Chrome accessibility options, under the Chrome Browser Resources section.
- Internet Explorer accessibility options.
- Mozilla Firefox accessibilty options.
The BBC also has information on how to customise your computer, and your browser, to make them more accessible in their ‘My web my way’ section.
TO CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE WINDOW OF THE SITE
On the browser View menu select ‘Full screen’ or press ‘F11’.